CCTV Cameras are nowadays available in various types and prices. The average cost of a CCTV installation is Rs 12000 in Delhi. The CCTV installation typically ranges between Rs 7500 and Rs 25,000 as per the type, brand, quality, and quantity of the CCTV Camera depending on your needs and budget. Wired CCTV Camera cost less in hardware but more for installation, which is Rs 950 to Rs 4500 per camera whose respective wireless CCTV Camera are higher in price. Also, the price of the camera depends on the type of Camera price Dome Cameras (Indoor Camera) is between Rs 800 to Rs 4200 which is less than the respective bullet camera that is between Rs 950 and Rs 5000. Another factor for CCTV Camera price is Camera technology that is an Analog camera and IP Camera. Analog cameras are relatively cheaper than IP Cameras. Analog CCTV camera price is between Rs 800 to Rs 5000 whereas the price of IP CCTV Camera is between Rs 2350 and Rs 5300.
There are several choices to make: Brand of Camera, Dome or Bullet, wireless or wired and IP or Analog. These factors are responsible for the final price of the setup. Most of the brands provide cameras with either cloud (NVR) or on-site (DVR) storage and remote access. Features may include remote access, and night vision capabilities, motion detectors, and high resolution, Higher the features, Higher the cost will be. Ultimately, your requirements and preferences are going to decide the final price.
- The average cost of a CCTV installation is Rs 12000
- The CCTV installation typically ranges between Rs 7500 and Rs 25,000.
- Wireless CCTV Camera ranges from Rs 1050 to Rs 4500 per camera.
- Dome Cameras ranges between Rs 800 to Rs 4200
- Bullet camera that is between Rs 950 to Rs 5000.
- Analog CCTV camera price is between Rs 800 to Rs 5000
- IP CCTV Camera is between Rs 2350 to Rs 5300.
The above pie chart is a diagrammatic representation on how much you invest and at which places during the installation of CCTV cameras :-
1. On cameras- The maximum amount of your money goes on buying the CCTV cameras. An estimate of 36% of the total money you pay while installing CCTV cameras is used in buying the cameras you require. The price of cameras vary according to their resolution. Price may also differ with different types of cameras like, indoor or dome cameras are slightly cheaper than the outdoor or bullet cameras. Likewise, if you need CCTV cameras with Artificial Intelligence then it will cost you more money than simple day and night vision cameras.
2. On Hard Disk- About 27% of your money is used in buying the Hard Disk. A Hard Disk is a devise which stores all memory of whatever the cameras capture. The price of a Hard Disk varies according to the memory in it. If you have to get 2-3 cameras installed then a hard disk with 1 TB will be enough. Likewise, if the number of cameras increase then a Hard disk with more memory will be needed.
3. On DVR- A DVR is a devise which retrieves data and sends it to the Hard Disk. The smallest DVR consists of 4 channels which is enough for 4 cameras. If there are more cameras then a DVR with 8 or 16 or more channels is used. Around 19% of your money is used in buying a suitable DVR.
4. On SMPS- An SMPS is a small device which is used to convert AC current into DC current. Like a DVR an SMPS also consists of a channel per camera. The smallest SMPS consists of 4 channels which is enough for 4 cameras. If there are more cameras then an SMPS with 8 or 16 or more channels is used. Around 4% of your money is used in SMPS cost.
5. On wire- The most important component, the wire, which is used to connect everything with every other thing (the cameras with the DVR, the DVR with the Hard Disk, the Hard Disk with your computer, etc). The wire consumes about 8% of the total money you pay for the installation of CCTV cameras.
6. Installation charges- Now the remaining 6% of the total payment is charged for the CCTV cameras installation. This is the money from which the workmen are paid.
DVR Price Comparision
When it comes to choosing one from the other, people are often confused as to which one to choose. Which one is better among the two (or may be more). This applies to anything and everything we buy.The first thing anyone would do when buying something is to compare it from various other things. The same thing is done here. Here we have compared the prices of a DVR from CP Plus and a DVR from Hikvision, two popular companies of CCTV cameras in the market.
The above graph shows a price comparison of a DVR of CP Plus and a DVR of Hikvision. Here on one hand we have a blue line which shows price of a CP Plus DVR and on the other hand we have an orange line showing the price of a Hikvision DVR. So here we see that a 4 channel CP Plus DVR is a little cheaper than a 4 channel Hikvision DVR. As one moves to an 8 channel DVR, there is a slight rise in the prices of both the companies and in more or less the same ratio with CP Plus going a slightly low in price in comparison to Hikvision. Then we move on to a 16 channel DVR. Here we see that the price of a DVR of CP Plus is still lower than Hikvision.
DVR and NVR Price Comparision
Where on one hand we have a DVR, which is an electronic device that records video in a digital format to a disk drive, USB flash drive, SD memory card, SSD or other local or networked mass storage device. It is also known as a Digital Video Recorder. On the other hand we have NVR, a network video recorder which is a specialized computer system that includes a software program that records video in a digital format to a disk drive, USB flash drive, SD memory card or other mass storage device. Here we are going to compare the prices of different channel DVRs with the prices of different channel NVRs. The blue line in the following graph represents a DVR wheras the orange line stands for an NVR. First, lets see 4 channel DVR & NVR. A 4 channel DVR is slightly cheaper in price as compared to a 4 channel NVR. Next, we see that when we come to 8 channels the difference between the prices of a DVR and an NVR remain almost same with a slight increase in the overall price. Again, moving to 16 channels, we find that the price of an NVR rises and the difference in the prices grow with the price of a DVR remaining cheaper when compared to a 16 channel NVR but now when we move to 32 channels, the following is what we see. Here we see that the price of a 32 channel DVR rises far more than the price of a 32 channel NVR.
Over All Price Comparision
The graph below shows a comparison in prices between a Hikvision NVR vs a CP Plus NVR vs a Hikvision DVR vs a CP Plus DVR. The yellow bar stands for the price of a Hikvision NVR, the grey bar stands for a CP Plus NVR, the orange bar stands for a Hikvision DVR and finally the blue bar stands for a CP Plus DVR. Let us first see the price compoarison of a 32 channel DVR and NVR. The first yellow bar from the top shows that the price of a Hikvision NVR is something between 15000 INR to 20000 INR. The second bar which stands for a CP Plus NVR which also ranges something between 15000 INR to 20000 INR but is more than the former price. Next, the third bar stands for a Hikvision DVR, the price of which is between 25000 INR to 30000 INR. The fourth or the blue bar which stands for a CP Plus DVR which is much more than in price than the Hikvision DVR and ranges between 30000 INR to 35000 INR.
Now lets come to 16 channel. In the first bar it shows that the price of a Hikvision NVR ranges to something between 5000 INR to 10000 INR. Next comes the grey bar which shows the price of a CP Plus NVR. This one ranges between 10000 to 15000 INR. Which shows that a CP Plus NVR is costlier than a Hikvision NVR. The next bar the orange one shows the price of a Hikvision DVR which ranges from 7000 to 10000 INR. Now this one is a little expensive than the next bar which shows the price of a CP Plus DVR which ranges from 5000 to 10000 INR.
Next let us see the 8 channel. The yellow bar here (showing the price of a Hikvision NVR) stands somewhere between 5000 to 8000 INR. Which is a little expensive than a CP Plus NVR which ranges between 5000 to 7000 INR. The next bar the orange one representing the price of a Hikvision DVR